Academic year 2022/2023
- Course ID
- Prof.ssa Sara Viotti (Lecturer)
- 2nd year
- Teaching period
- First semester
- Related or integrative
- Course disciplinary sector (SSD)
- M-PSI/06 - work and Organizational Psychology
- Formal authority
- Type of examination
- Type of learning unit
- Modular course
- Psychological neurosciences (NEU0273)
Sommario del corso
The module introduces the students to the study of the human behaviors in the organizational settings. In particular, the module will deepen theories and models, developed in organizational psychology, that examine the reciprocal interplay among the individual, the socio-cultural system, and the organizational structure.
Results of learning outcomes
At the end of the course, students will be able to: recognize the psychological dynamics that characterize the work experience; describe and interpret organizational phenomena and processes; identify the main work group dynamics.
Specifically, the program will include the following topics:
-organizational culture and climate;
- organizational development and change;
- work group dynamics;
-job satisfaction and motivation a work;
- stress in the workplace.
The teaching methods used for the course are: lessons, individual and group assignments, group presentations.
Learning assessment methods
Suggested readings and bibliography
- Psychology & Work: Perspectives on Industrial & Organizational Psychology - 2nd Edition.
- Year of publication:
- Truxillo, D., Bauer, T., & Erdogan, B.